Cleanse your body naturally from chemicals and toxins
Constant daily exposure to dietary, lifestyle and environmental toxins like pesticides, food additives, alcohol, caffeine, water, heavy metals and environmental pollution can put your detoxification organs under immense stress.
While our kidneys, liver, lungs, skin and bowel are continually working hard to expel pollutants, as they have antioxidant and detoxification mechanisms, they are not always equipped to deal with the modern onslaught.
Supporting your body with nourishing foods that aid liver function and encourage detoxification is a great way to naturally cleanse the body from chemicals and toxins.
How can a build up of toxins in your body affect you ?
Fatigue, mood swings, acne / breakouts, constipation, digestive problems, headaches, sleep issues, poor immune system, bad breath and premature aging are all linked to toxin build-up as these harmful poisons accumulate and cause havoc with your health.
So here are 10 ways to promote detoxification and allow your organs to heal and regenerate.
- Eat organic foods. Fresh organic, free range foods are more nutritious. Aswell as being free from toxins they also have higher amounts of antioxidants (up to 60%).There are also more omega-3 fatty acids in organic milk and meat (up to 50%). Eg. Organic tomatoes have up to 50% more vitamin C than non-organic.
- Avoid antiperspirants as they suppress sweating. They also contain toxic chemicals. Instead use Aluminium and Paraben free deodorants.
- Use environmentally friendly products.
- Lymphatic system detox: Dry skin brushing: Start at the feet and brush towards the heart. Use natural, hard bristles only.
- Skin detox: Take a salt bath – Epsom Salts, Sea Salts or Himalayan Salts. Acidic toxins are drawn out of the body moving from the skin to the water.
- Support liver detox,: Include foods that contain the key nutrients to support the liver – Coniferous vegetables – kale, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower,
Brussels sprouts, Asparagus, beetroot, lemons and Broccoli sprouts. Mung beans, onion, garlic leeks and articoke. Berries: Blueberry, pomegranate. Herbs – Turmeric, garlic, rosemary all support the liver also.
- Kidney Support – Drinks and foods that support the kidneys – dandelion leaf tea, nettle tea and celery seed tea. Drink at least 2 ltrs of water a day. Avoid table salt Bitter foods – rocket, endive and dandelion leaf
- Start the day with the juice of half a lemon in a glass of warm water.
Kick-starts the liver and gallbladder.
- Matcha Tea – Due to its high chlorophyll content, matcha is excellent for detoxifying the body. Chlorophyll (the green pigment found in plants) binds up toxic heavy metals and promotes circulation and oxygen supply – all of which help alkalise the body and assist with the elimination of harmful toxins. Matcha is also known for its thermogenic (fat-burning) capabilities and ability to boost metabolism.
- Detox juice recipe – Beetroot, Celery, Ginger, juice of a lemon, apples – blizz it up and enjoy !